FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Longest upgrade list you've experienced?
View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2008, 8:51 am
WBurcham

Originally Posted by Evan!
Personally I am glad that my name appears on the list even when it is way way down in rank for only a few open seats. If the upgrade list were to cut-off at, lets say, 10 more than the available seat then I might not see my name and I might wonder if I had not been properly placed on the list at all.

My understanding is the list is ordered in the following manner. However I think some changes were made recently and I did not keep up with those threads so any corrections to my order below would be appreciated:

1) Medallion Status
2) Ticket fare class (used as tie breaker for #1)
3) Time of booking (used as tie breaker for #2 and used as tie breaker when #1 and #2 are identical)

I am PM so when I see 4 available seats and my name at number 17 on the list I can't help but wonder to myself..... "Hmmm, are those other 16 people really ALL Platinums? And if so, did they ALL buy tickets in a higher fare class than mine?" I suppose its true.

Again, please correct me if I am wrong. I always thought that as a PM on a T fare I would trump a GM on a Y fare... or at least trump a GM on a K fare.

True?
You are right.

There was one time that I was on an B fare and was #13 (or so) for 1 seat out of MLB. I had a hard time believing that there were 12 full fare medallion pax ahead of me but there were!