FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel AMS, Netherlands [Master Thread]
Old Aug 12, 2008, 10:51 pm
cabrits

"mercy" upgrade to club level as gold

stayed overnight here last weekend on points, while laying over for a flight the next am. was originally booked in the 5th floor (of 8). as spg gold, took a shot in the dark and asked gal at front desk if there were any suites available. though there were, she said they are only available for plats, not golds, and that it would cost me $$$ if i wanted one.

asked about upgrade to club level (floors 7 and 8). again, she said that this upgrade is not available to golds. however, "because of my long flight ahead (back to usa) the next day, she'd make an exception this time." i was booked in a queen bed (only room type available with points), and asked for a king. she said a king would be extra $$$, so i declined. she gave me a room on 8th floor, with a nice view overlooking the tarmac.

complimentary amenities included 2 bottles of water, a tin of dutch biscuits, and tea bags/coffee, etc. basically anything NOT in the minibar was free.
club level lounge was nice, with the usual amenities. internet available there but had to pay. internet also available downstairs next to the lobby for free.

i guess you have to be platinum to "deserve" any meaningful upgrades here. but, like everyone else, i stayed there only for the convenience.