FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stuck in a middle seat as VS Gold, chances of being able to switch?
Old Aug 12, 2008, 6:41 pm
brosnan6

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi brosnan6,

I think only a certain number of seats are available for preallocation ( the rest are opened up at the airport or when OLCI opens.

I would OLCI as soon as possible ( T-24) and you should get more choice of seats ( if not get to SFO as soon as possible , Check in opens at 1230 I think).
Excellent, so I might have a chance at getting out of the hell that is a 10 hour flight in a middle seat . I have a class that goes until 1200 that day so I'll probably be at the airport by 1300 for my 1630 flight.

VS may offer upgrades for sale from Y to PE at check in ( although as a Gold card holder you would be first in line for op ups)
Perfect, let's hope it's a reasonable price since I'll be paying out of pocket if I upgrade.
The SFO clubhouse is excellent ( you can have lots of drinks , a three course meal ( better than a Y meal on board IMHO- I had a nice steak in the SFO clubhouse in Jan 08) and a shower if you want to.
I'm excited for this part...I've heard great things about the Clubhouses. I hope I can get through security and checkin on time to make the most of my time in it.
You can ask for more drinks on board ( although they announce that they can refuse to serve you if you appear drunk ( fair IMHO).)

Also as a VS Gold holder you can acess the Revivals lounge at LHR.

Regards

TBS
Perfect again; looking forward to it.

Thank you much! I'll update here if I get upgraded or anything