FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Aug 11, 2008, 11:45 pm
jasonpbyu

Programs: Sadly no longer platinum with anyone. Plain old Delta Skymiles member and Marriott Rewards member
Originally Posted by holocker
Have a stay booked on points for later this month. I was wondering if anyone has stayed here recently. How is the restaraunt on property. I Also have a question on the resort fee and parking. What does the resort fee cover and do you have to pay for parking in addition. Also when bookng the rewards stay it stated member must pay resort fee, but the confiramation states includes all taxes and resort fee.

I was there 2 weeks ago on a 7 night reward stay. I would be happy to address any questions. While it is nowhere near the quality of the JW Ko'Olina on Oahu, I'd say that it's slightly lower quality than the Waikoloa. The new adults pool is excellent. Didn't eat at the restaurant as the menu was not that appealing to our party. Ate at the poolside a few times, but not in the restaurant.

I was upgraded to an ocean view room. They were going to upgrade us to an ocean view suite, but we needed 2 beds and the suites don't offer two beds.

They said for a rewards stay that they could waive the resort fee, so we had them waive it. It would have included 2 Mai Tai's (not 2 per day, 2 total) and 2 bottles of water per day. Also it would cover self parking and something like 30 minutes of snorkel gear rental per day, or something like that.

One word of caution.. the self parking spaces are TINY! We had a van and didn't dare park in the self parking because the spaces were ridiculously tiny, so we had them valet it. If you're in a car it might be feasible, but I didn't want to risk getting my doors dinged by someone in that tiny space!

No taxes had to be paid, the only thing I had to pay was valet parking, as I mentioned, resort fees were waived.

If anyone has other questions, send me a private message or post your questions.

Pools were great, hospitality was great, property was great, Luau was not that great. But for free with points, I'm not going to complain. (Free week there, not free Luau)

Last edited by jasonpbyu; Aug 12, 2008 at 9:41 am