FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MAJOR Issue: oneworld Award Booked by AA - Use Travel Center?
Old Aug 10, 2008, 9:51 pm
c_stanley

Originally Posted by troyb
That's my view as well.

Anyway, thanks for the additional suggestions here. For those who suggested doing a 150C award, that's what they've supposedly been working on. I have the additional miles, but would argue to the grave that I should be liable for them. In any case, they actually refunded the 130k miles per ticket and issued 150k awards - of course, as with every step over the past couple of weeks, it appears that they messed up with giving me the 20k mile credit per ticket that they agreed to (supposedly credited 20k miles to my account as well as my companions when they all should have gone to my account - however neither of us or an agent even see these in our accounts!).

I feel like the original issue has been exasperated by the main "supervisor" with whom I have been working. The problem started out as 2 open jaws, but now involves issuing a higher level award, incorrect crediting of miles, and supposedly - get this, its a new one - a change in award rules regarding stopover/connection time (not the one effective 9/1/08). I mean, late last week I was even told twice, by 2 separate agents, that my ticket was good to go/reissued. I guess I shouldn't be surprised about this after explaining the existence of multiple airports in Osaka and Tokyo as well as having to literally read through the OW rules describing the whole connection vs. stopover mileage calculation. Part of the idea of going to the Travel Center was to get someone else involved who might be somewhat more knowledgeable and efficient than who I've been dealing with.

Hopefully this works out. Thanks to those who offered encouragement and suggestions.

You actually have the miles in the account? In that case take a deep breath and enjoy your travel. I agree that 20k miles (twice, in your case) is far from valueless, but it's small enough that if you can otherwise get the ticket issued (your post is not totally clear on this point) then I would just move on, for now.

I've been given 10k or 15k miles for things as minor as delayed flights and lost luggage. It seems inconceivable to me that you won't be able to get this made right for you with some patience and without the looming trip deadline. There are so many things they can do for you, give you comp miles, comp upgrade stickers, and eVIP or two, some kind of status, vouchers, AC passes, a 10% discount code, and on and on. I'm sure if you can demonstrate that they failed you in their customer service, which it sounds like you can, then with some persistence you can get made whole somehow. For now I'd concentrate on having fun on your trip, and save this for later.

Unless of course they have found *another* reason not to ticket you, in which case I'd recommend procuring a flamethrower.