FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Orleans: Which Starwood? 2006 on [Master Thread]
Old Aug 10, 2008, 7:48 pm
bigguyinpasadena

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Of the three listed perhaps the Sheraton would be the best choice.
But I am curious-and this is coming from a die hard SPG point junkie-but doesn't the hotel where the reception is usually make some sort of deal for a suite for the couple?

Now you do not mention Marriott,but I know that you can get a nice boatload of bonus points by hosting your meeting/party/reception at one of their properties-I am kinda thinking that Starwood does the same thing.
I know one of the posters here did an event at the Sheraton and he was very impressed with how well the property handled things.And if someone put all of that unto an SPG amex!Just think-the points would probably cover the hotel for the honeymoon.Also the Sheraton is right across the street from the Marriott and just down the block from the JW Marriott.I do not know which CY you are refering to.

Now-if you are willing to spring for a suite than the W grench quarter has a couple of knockout Terrace Suites-but I would just pay for them and not leave an upgrade to chance on such an important event.

Congrats and good luck.