FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ExpertFlyer and Delta Air Lines: The Definitive Thread
Old Aug 10, 2008, 3:37 pm
ExpertFlyer Voice
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Hello all, in response to different issues brought up in this thread:

Originally Posted by Gandhi90s
This is a known problem with EF.
Actually that's not correct. That thread you link to on the AA forum references a different problem that has a different cause. This issue is limited to DL First/Biz class cabins on some but not all flights.

Originally Posted by SusanDK
I wrote to EF support, but their response was just that they could see the seats for DL 108 on that date from ATL to MAD! They have not responded to my query about MCO to ATL. This is not a one-off problem, but an issue I have a lot on this route.
Your initial email to us did not include a city pair so we used the first one we saw for DL 108 which was ATL to MAD. We have since responded to your follow up email. You'll notice that ATL-MAD uses a 767-400 and MCO-ATL uses a 767-300. We believe the issue shows on specific equipment.

The problem is simply that Delta is not returning the seat map to us for that particular date/city pair/flight/cabin combination. We have notified the GDS we use about this problem previously and they are looking into it, but we have no idea when it might be solved. The error we see on our end tells us there is a communication issue between the GDS and Delta's host computer when doing the seat map query. Also, since each seat map cabin is a different query to the GDS (and subsequently to Delta), being able to view one cabin doesn't mean that there couldn't be a problem with another for whatever reason.

-EFV

Last edited by ExpertFlyer Voice; Aug 10, 2008 at 3:43 pm