FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any airlines allow Hawaii interisland openjaw/circle reward trips
Old May 16, 2003, 9:25 pm
philemer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Jenn.
If you are flying from PHX to LIH, all on Hawaiian, you should be able to do that with one award. This assumes you are on Hawaiian metal the whole way. Call them again and tell them your trip is from PHX>LIH not to HNL. I've done this on UA (BOI>SFO>OGG).

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JenniferNAz:
I have a question that is similar, but slightly different. Maybe someone can help though.

I am planning a trip to Hawaii this summer (actually the 3rd annual Hawaii trip!), and will be using an award ticket on America West. I will be traveling from PHX, going through SEA (picking up someone else), and traveling to our final destination of LIH. The past 2 years we have flown on NW (with HP miles), and have had to purchase separate tickets on Aloha for the HNL-LIH-HNL portion of the trip. This made sense, as NW doesn't fly to LIH.

This year, however, we will be flying Hawaiian (once again HP miles). I was told I can only go as far as HNL with my miles, and if I want to get to my final destination of LIH, I will have to use more miles.

My question: Is this common on most airlines?

I can understand having to use extra miles or pay for hops between the islands to visit more islands, etc., but that is not what I am trying to do here. We simply want to fly to LIH. I would love it if I didn't have to go through HNL, but I don't think that is an option.

When I asked the agent booking the travel, she told me I should be happy there are more flights now.

Funny thing, with all those new flights, I had a much more difficult time booking this year than either of the last two years - go figure.

</font>