FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - North Island in Seychelles?
View Single Post
Old Aug 7, 2008, 11:55 am
Amanjunkie

North Island in Seychelles?

Next year for our wedding anniversary, the wife and I are considering visiting the Seychelles. From what I understand, the two most discussed resorts there are Fregate and North Island. Fregate, however, seems to receive quite a few complaints on the web, while North Island seems to be universally loved. Therefore, we are looking mostly at North Island.

Strangely, I haven't notice much discussion about these resorts and particularly North Island on this forum. I've done a search and not much comes up. Therefore, has anyone here stayed at North Island and can you share your experiences?

Particularly, I'm interested in how it compares to the Aman experience, considering we spent our anniversary this year at Amanpulo, and loved it. I've looked at the North Island website, and the island is truly stunning, while the accommodations look superior to the casitas at Amanpulo.

However, how does the service compare? Do you get that very attentive service where it seems the attendants seem to already know what you need before you ask, or is it more a laid-back style, where you are mostly left alone in privacy?

Also, how are the activities and spa on the island, as well as the food? We are considering staying for about a week - does that seem long or will the time fly past?

Any of your suggestions or experiences will be appreciated. The rates at North Island are quite high, so therefore we'd like as much information as we can to help us decide if it might be right for us.