FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MAJOR Issue: oneworld Award Booked by AA - Use Travel Center?
Old Aug 6, 2008, 11:11 am
magic111
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Originally Posted by troyb
Also, to be clear, I did NOT know for certain that both open jaws would not be allowed. I did receive some information on this from Flyertalk, but lets face it, for every useful and accurate fact discussed here, there is a lot of incorrect information as well. I'm not discounting the value of the Flyertalk community, in fact it was very helpful in planning this very trip, but it cannot be relied on for corporate policies (in this case ticketing rules).

In my case, I relied on AA's agents to disclose the rules to me and apply them correctly, which they did not do. They continued to not apply the rules correctly several times after the initial ticketing. I was in no way was trying to skirt the system.
And just like some of the information on FT is correct and some is incorrect there will be some who believe your assertion and some who do not.

In the past when things have gone wrong with the ticketing for my oneworld awards aa has called and made attempts to "fix" things to the best of their ability. You realize that is only anecdotal evidence and not policy.

Once policy is brought to the fore all bets are off. You may get what you want or you may not. Good luck and asking will be helpful. My anecdotal evidence provides me nothing else to share with you.