FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MAJOR Issue: oneworld Award Booked by AA - Use Travel Center?
Old Aug 5, 2008, 9:31 pm
troyb

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by nd_eric_77
umm, it sounds like the moral of this story is that if you do manage to get an award routing which you should not, then for heaven's sake, don't go monkeying around with the routing and classes of service. The OP may not get this resolved, but it is hard to sympathize when the OP has made so many changes and finally got caught on the illegal routing. FWIW, I do hope the OW desk is able to resolve this to the OP's liking.
I appreciate your comment at the end about hoping they resolve it to my liking, but I'm not sure I agree with the rest. I specifically, and I mean specifically, asked about this particular issue on more than one occasion. If I was told no when I made the original reservation, fine. Same for when it was originally ticketed or after my first couple changes. I really wasn't trying to get some illegal routing - quite frankly, if I was trying to do something against the rules, it would have been more significant than leaving a simple Osaka - Tokyo leg off so that I can take the Bullet Train.

Now, with days to go until departure, when there has been ample opportunity to inform me of this, I think its unfair to tell me that essentially, they have made a mistake and I may have to suffer. Hopefully it gets worked out, but for now I'm pretty nervous.