FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Chain bonus, 1000 MQM + 1000 Bonus per stay
Old Aug 5, 2008, 6:51 pm
amanuensis
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mine posted also.

By amazing coincidence, I also got a paper form letter from a Cindy C. Chesna at Delta today saying "Thank you for your correspondence concerning your participation in the Delta Sky Miles program. We are unable to post mileage from the documentation received." She told me to, in the future, make sure that I always present my SkyMiles card at check in to the hotel clerk. She then told me to contact Hilton to resolve the issue, which is of course what I did in the first place -- it was Hilton that told me to contact Delta when, after a thorough investigation, Hilton was convinced that the problem was not at their end.

At the very least, Cindy could have addressed the specific issue that I raised in the letter, or gave me some indication that she had read further in my letter than the word "Hilton". In retrospect, I wish that I had just stuck with earning points and more points with Hilton and skipped this promotion. Hilton's customer service people were great. My experience with Delta's people, both those I spoke with in India and in Atlanta, as well as via correspondence, was abysmal.