FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Randy, have you seen the future of mobile FlyerTalk?
Old Aug 5, 2008, 4:20 pm
Randy Petersen
Founder of FlyerTalk

As you know, we did adopt a mobile.flyertalk.com at a very early age. When considered, we searched and compared and tried to pick the resource that seemed to be the most preferred and leading edge among anyone providing a gateway for mobile devices. That provider was wiForums.net which continues to this day to be our bridge. So, as you can probably appreciate we rely somewhat, well, actually totally on what type of benefits they have within their software for browsing online.

We were down the other day as we installed the latest version from wiForums.net and the new version on this end seems pretty good and as others have pointed out, includes the ability to click to the last page of a thread and as well, includes several different preferences, like shortcuts to various forums, etc.

I've only used what we have for FlyerTalk, so don't have any experiences with any other bridges, but if power users via mobile have any suggestions, i'm sure i'd be interested in hearing from you.

I know from inside this small company that almost everything we are building for new projects has an eye and an ear on how it might relate to a mobile user, so thanks for your continued interest in making sure we hear from our members on this.

Cheers,
Randy