FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Involuntary Downgrade
View Single Post
Old Aug 2, 2008, 1:41 am
Runabout

Programs: Miles and More
hm well i asume

DE -> Germany -> LH
CH -> Switzerland -> LX
OA -> Other Airline (maybe TG or SQ or even some non *A)

*scraps head*

Okay i try to write down what happened as far as i can go through tha post.....

Scenario:

Passenger flies from Germany via Switzerland to Asia on a First Class award ticket.
Flight from Germany to Switzerland is delayed due to weather - and the Pax misses connecting flight from Switzerland to Asia.
The Pax is rebooked (in order to provide him/her the fastest possible connection) on another Airline (might be SQ or TG) out of Switzerland on a class lower than initially booked (that might have been Business Class). The Passenger arrives 12 hours after originally scheduled arrival time.

Hm so far so good.

In my opinion and as far as i can look over the case, you is at least entitled for some miles back, which means at least for the Outbound you should get the difference between First Class and Business Class back.
For the delay due to weather actually no one is responsible so no compensation here.
It also needs to be clarified if it was a voluntary downgrade or an involuntary, means if you had the ability to wait for another First Class flight which would have caused further delay (none is responsible since weather stuff) or if you HAD to fly business on advice of the airline. If they just offered you the Business Class flight and you accepted it, it was NOT an involuntary downgrade it was a voluntary downgrade which is a BIG difference.
However at least you can claim the difference between First Class and Business Class for the Outboundflight.

Hope i was asuming the whole happening correctly here.

Hm yeah well, hope i described it in correct or at least understandable English, if not well *shrugs* i had a hard night so please fogive me.....

edit: Damn i was to slow. Well 15 minutes never make it with a car in my opinion. The Agent did wrong here but on other hand Full Fare SQ isn't that bad if you give the Miles and More number on the checkin you might even be lucky and earn some Miles on the Award Ticket

Last edited by Runabout; Aug 2, 2008 at 1:48 am