FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel AMS, Netherlands [Master Thread]
Old Aug 1, 2008, 10:36 am
mccorry

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
As a somewhat tardy reply to this I did manage to get access to the lounge, but only because they upgraded me to a Club Room.

FWIW, I've stayed at this hotel quite a lot recently and the service does vary considerably. I waited some 10 minutes to check in a few days ago, with no queue and only one member of staff on duty at checkin. When I eventually did get called over by someone else, there was no apology and it was all very perfunctory. On the other hand a couple of weeks ago at checking they noticed it was my birthday and upgraded me to a suite! I've had about a 60% upgrade rate out of about 10 stay here recently.

The lounge is okay, mediocre selection of evening snacks, but they're pretty much all gobbled up by 6.45pm, and there's little refershing that goes on. The dirnks and other tdbits are constantly replenished.

But for the rates for rooms in this hotel in general, it should put on a better show.