FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Persistent overcharges with Hertz PlatePass toll transponder
Old Jul 29, 2008, 6:31 pm
MoneyGuy1969

Programs: Fanny May, EPD, DJ Industrials
Confusion

I had the same thing happen to me while in Florida a few weeks ago, but with a completely different result.

I was charged for using the PlatePass service, as I knew that I would; I love not waiting in those long lines or wasting my gas and time. I realized real quick why Hertz suggested the service to me. They have a daily service fee of $2.50 per day that I use it, plus the cost of the tolls.
I noticed under the terms and conditions of my rental agreement that the Hertz representative is supposed to fully explain every aspect of the rental agreement as well as the terms and conditions. Well, I did not remember anyone telling me that I would pay for the tolls and the service fee.

I called PlatePass and they were unable to assist me, but the nice lady gave me Hertz's phone number for customer service and apologized for not being able to assist me further.

So, I then called Hertz and WOW! The best customer service I have ever encountered. The representative had me fully explain my situation and then assigned me a case number. I asked what that number was good for and he said, "So, we can learn from our customers concerns", then offered me a courtesy refund of the entire amount.

It's weird, my caramel macchiato tastes great at the starbucks by my house, but I went to California back in Feb. and it was horrible.

Please do not ask, if I have to explain my point - I will not waste energy!

**Approach is EVERYTHING***