FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award booking issues on FB website
View Single Post
Old Jul 29, 2008, 3:12 am
skrosvik

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
The stupid availability calendar is useless! Tried to book a one-way award ticket in business from OSL to MCT on Dec 26th. The calendar shows availability on this very day: classic award - 30000 miles.

But when I am about to confirm my ticket I keep getting the same error meesage: "We are unable to complete your booking for technical reasons. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later.".

Just got off the phone with FB callcenter and as she searched for the flight she told me that the only thing available was a flex award - 60000 miles. This is annoying! Why have an availability calendar when it's so misleading. She said they had problems with the search engine. I tried several dates with her, but the same problem on every possible date. The so called availability calendar show things that's not available. They should call it The Non-availability Calendar!!!

I am not going to waste 60000 miles and 200 EUR in taxes on this trip. I will travel in economy on Turkish Airlines for 300 EUR, LOL!