FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Palo Alto - Sheraton or Westin [Master Thread]
Old Jul 26, 2008, 4:52 pm
gabo02

Programs: SPG Platinum
So just came back from a one nighter at the Sheraton Palo Alto. I guess this will be my new Mattress Run hotel. Since it is about five minutes or less from mynew place. and i can book it on a weekend for less then one hundred dollars.

check-in
Was a breeze. There was a line but not that long. it was going pretty fast since there was about four agents in a small area. ^^

Room

Was given a room of the club level(platinum upgrade) facing the koi ponds. i was given a room on the first floor. not my kind of floor but since there was about three wedding parties going on the hotel was sold out. i was happy that i was given an upgrade. the room is just your standard sheraton room. nothin to exciting about it. I love staying at sheratons dont get me wrong. but i dont like any Bliss products. Some how the hotel got a hold of this information. and when i walked into the bathroom there was Westin products. My favorite. Meaning that my room was preblocked.

Restaurants

Since the club lounge is closed on friday and saturday nights they give you a couple a free drink coupons. tried out thierfood it was okay. nottin to rave. but the service is excellent there. was served by both Franco and Cynthia at the bar who were great servers. its people like that , that make me go to certain hotels. so two ^ up to both of them.

Lounge

Just your basic lounge for breakfast. something for a quick bite it is great. no hot food.

Overall

would i stay at this hotel again. Yes. The service is great. everyone greeted me nice. doesnt have any "suites". but i would rather take great customer service over suites anytime. so great job to the sheraton palo alto. and a thank you shout out to Franco and Cynthia at the Cardinal Bar.

Last edited by gabo02; Jul 26, 2008 at 5:30 pm