FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Skyguide Executive Privilege Club
View Single Post
Old Jul 24, 2008, 7:39 pm
astanley

Programs: AA CK, UA GS, DL 360, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by nrr
Since I have an amex plat card, i get lounge access through it. I received a mailing, from amex, for the SkyGuide Executive Privilege Club: (1) for $2.99 (processing fee) you get two months membership and if you remain after two months, there is an additional $29.95 for the full (first) year, (2) $59.95 for each additional year; what is "big" feature: you get 3 times a month lounge access (for all airlines)--you pay the $50 fee to the airline club upfront (a day pass), and send the receipt (to the Priv. Club) for reimbursement. [There is also a companion "free" ticket promo also included...]
This really isn't specific to aa, but since i fly aa, i'm posting it here.
If, the club lives up to its ad, this should be a super deal--i was about to throw it away, but decided to read the whole ad.
Is this only available to a Platinum card holder? Because, at first blush -- you are paying $400 for the benefit of access at any participating lounge... plus now this new fee structure.

I guess the benefit is going to a club for an airline you are not travelling on that day -- which seems (to me) to be a marginal benefit for the cost. But, maybe I'm wrong.

Cheers,

-Andrew