FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award booking issues on FB website
View Single Post
Old Jul 19, 2008, 1:14 pm
Brobbel

Programs: FB M&M AA Amex HH SPG and others
Originally Posted by willemw
Ok, I'm moving this from another thread, because its about trouble with booking FB award tickets, and that should be picked up here.
[As I am however new to this forum, I'm not sure whether what I'm doing is permitted. Throw my topic out if I'm mistaken].
Somewhere I read that AF/KLM are operating a new award booking engine.
It doesn't work yet as it should. Someone at the FB helpdesk told me that the IT guys had problems more than two weeks now. I find that unbelievable. I am trying for five days now to book an award ticket from either MSP, or DTW, or EWR to AMS, , and the system always returns a technical problem notification - either straight away, or in a later stage of the process.
I don't know whether booking is really possible, but I found out that selecting a ticket from A to B works fine, as long as your destination is not AMS.
The engine is - in other words - AMS error selective.
I called the FB desk, they said no availability, but I suspect that they use (part of) the same system.
Anyone having the same (frustrating) experience?
I tried to look for an award FROM AMS, without any luck. I wasn't even able to find availibility between AMS-CDG (okay, I will NEVER use miles for such trip, but it should be available)

According to KVS there was plenty availibilty for the different locations, but the KLM website had another opinion....

EDITED:

The problem seems to be solved now, I can see the availibilty. When it works, like now, it is quite an improvement!

Last edited by Brobbel; Jul 20, 2008 at 2:27 am