FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 17, 2008, 5:22 pm
KevinS

Programs: 2mm+ UAL | Lifetime Titanium Marriott | Globalist Hyatt | SpireElite IHG
Thanks for the feedback Richard -

If I go on the site, it's 140sterling (about $280) for a room that weekend, Queen bed, inclusive. 2 nights = $560.
18,000pts x2 = 36k pts. 1.5cent/point

Not great, but I have not any award travel w Hyatt, so no frame of reference. With those numbers, is still bad award rate?

I'm doing almost the entirety of this trip with points/miles/credits, so wouldn't kill me to stay somewhere on actual cash for a night or two, if this truly is a .... rate.

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
That's a terrible award rate for a room, or even a suite, at that hotel on a weekend, when rooms often go for GBP100 or less a night! Might be OK for a Sun-Thurs night.

How early is your flight? Might be better to stay near Paddington station (even at the Park Lane, if you can taxi to Paddington) and take the H'Ex to the airport. That's can be faster than staying at the LHR Bath road hotels and taking the Hotel Hoppa bus -- check out the UK forum for more details.