FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nightmare at MHT - a not-so-frequent flyer meets airport security
Old Jul 17, 2008, 4:44 pm
kered

Programs: No longer bothered chasing FF status.
Originally Posted by BearX220
No. I've tried hard to muster empathy for the OP, not least because I am prepared to believe almost anything about the TSA, but I just can't........<snip>.............
Oh I can see exactly where you’re coming from.

But I think the sympathy I felt for the OP when I read this epic thread last night, was more for the torment that she must constantly live with, while going about daily activities in public, that to the rest of us, is just plain routine. Rather than over the situation created at the airport.

To be so hung up about hygiene, to seriously consider if she could lay down a carpet of paper towels, in order to walk through the WTMD. Or if having used disposable booties, to be unable to touch them without further hand protection in order to bin them, is to my mind truly baffling.

I cannot imagine the torment, that the most mundane tasks to the rest us, must cause this person. My sympathies for her are totally centred around what it must be like to live in that world.

But I have hold my hand up & say that if I was stood behind the OP at that checkpoint that morning, I do think I would have lost the plot !!!