FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC San Francisco Master Thread [merged]
View Single Post
Old Jul 17, 2008, 2:13 am
Cheetah_SA

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by NewsBruin
UPDATE: The ICSF reservations manager called me, after requesting my number in an e-mail. He apologized for the mix-up and said he was unaware that the floors were listed in the price tiers. He hoped I had a good stay and sent an e-mail confirming a good upgrade the next time I stayed at the ICSF.

That is good service. I don't think the upcoming upgrade is a huge deal, as that's what I was offered when I emailed the hotel before the stay. What I do like was that he took the initative to call me and was interested that I had a good stay without trying to rush me off the phone. I'm having the opposite results from the Portland Crowne Plaza, and so this guy wins points just from his willingness alone.

I liked all other aspects of my one-night stay, so I was not ticked to begin with. The staff helped me find a lost item today and has shipped it to my house. I like this place and will return here the next time I'm staying in S.F.
Good for you for following up. I lost a whole lot more than 2 floors having booked a King Exec (23rd floor) and then ending up in a Junior Suite (?) on floor 15. That seriously downgraded the view but I didn't bother to complain as I was only there for 1 night.

There were some other aspects that bothered me more: The bath plug didn't seal and because it's a fancy built in job I couldn't use the trusty spare that I carry around the world with me. (It's amazing how many places have no/defective plugs in baths and basins.) And one bath towel had a big tear in it! The concierge desk bordered on the hostile. There seemed to be a lot of convention delegates among the guests and they appear to have tried the patience of the concierge staff. But that's no excuse for their snippy responses to quite ordinary requests for information.

But I got club access (presumably as a first time Amb visitor) and was very pleased with the offerings there - especially the delicious lamb cutlets in the evening. I was surprised how small the club is although on both occasions that I used it there were only a couple of other people there.