FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Maldives [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2008, 3:47 pm
SanDiego1K
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
This is the most interesting thread, ever. With 46 posts, not a single post (ok, maybe 1?) was about an actual stay at the hotel. All others were speculations/questions/etc
And that is after I split the thread. There were 150 posts or more made before the property opened, conjecturing about the property and then expressing astonishment over the points required to redeem here. I had to plow thru 200 posts to figure out if indeed anyone had actually stayed here. I decided it would be less confusing for all of us if I did the thread split.

I'm a huge fan of Starwood, but I have to say that for this one specific location, Hilton trumps Starwood. Hilton has a beautiful property in the Maldives that is only 40K points per night or 125K points for an AMEX award for 4 nights. (I equate that to roughly 15K SPG points for one night or 45K for 4 nights.) It's one of Hilton's top redemption values in the world. And because it is, there are many of us who have figured out flights to get to this distant (for Americans, not so much for Europeans or Australians) part of the world.