FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jul 16, 2008, 2:15 am
SPN Lifer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by pgary (Post #302)
Since some of you have actually received the coins, presumably your credit card was charged. Would most appreciate your telling us if the charge was for a purchase or for a cash advance (it really is the latter), and on which card.

Thanks.
(Emphasis by CTM.)
Originally Posted by ChaseTheMiles (Post #311)
Is that a statement of fact or a mistyped question?
It looks to me like a statement of opinion concerning proper factual categorization.

I have four family members with U.S. Mint accounts, two different surnames, all with the same P.O. Box.

One order (#2) shipped today, with a tracking number. One (#4, ordered a week after the first) supposedly shipped at some time in the past -- I hadn't checked the U.S. Mint website accounts previously -- without a tracking number. Neither has yet been charged to my credit card, or if so, is not showing online as having posted. One order (#1, a day before the next two) is pending, and one (#3) was cancelled.

Investigating the cancellation, I noticed this language at the beginning of the order receipt:
Thank you, we have received your order. If for any
reason
your order cannot be processed, we reserve the
right to cancel.
If you placed your order under the "wait
list" notice, inventory may not be available to fill your
order. Orders placed before the published on-sale time
will not be accepted.

To update credit card information on this order you must
call 1-800-USA-MINT. You may track your order at
www.usmint.gov/catalog. If your order contains several
items, it may be processed in multiple shipments.
(Emphasis added.)

So as far as cancellation goes, I guess we're just randomly out of luck. Good thing my family placed four orders.