FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - In Flight drinks-Pibb on the outs?
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2008, 12:54 pm
LukeSkywaiter

There is no plan to stop carrying Pibb Extra that we have been informed about.

However, a flight leaving a hub typically has no more than 6 cans of Pibb in the main cabin, and 4 cans of Pibb in first (on the smaller planes, make that 2 cans of Pibb in first). The bar cart is only stocked with one can per side. As someone else mentioned, it is common for the first person on the plane that orders Pibb to get the entire can (this isn't my practice, but it is common), because requests for it are rare. So if a second person orders it and this has been done, that would explain why it isn't available. Or, if the F/A is pouring it like they should, and 3 people request it, that one can is only good for 3 pours. While the F/A COULD and SHOULD ask the other person working the cart for their can of Pibb, or go to the galley to get another can, this isn't always the case, depending on the attitude of the F/A in question or the length of the flight (if I'm doing a barcart on a 757-300 going from IAH to MSY or SAT, I'm not leaving the cart nor am I asking anyone else to). That's all going out of a hub....

At outstations, where many of which do not restock us, you are left with leftovers from the previous flight. F/As are responsible for restocking the beverage cart going in and out of an outstation, and unfortunately, while we have a lot of wonderful and professional crewmembers, there are still a few that are completely discourteous, lazy, and inconsiderate when it comes to the customers and their fellow crew. So that's another situation where the F/A might have thought he didn't have any.

I know it was a lot to say on such a trivial matter, just my thoughts .