FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade questions - two people on one pnr
Old Jul 14, 2008, 12:47 pm
l etoile
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Downunder girl
I find this issue very confusing. I have been told by someone who travels extensively with UA (and who was told by UA management) that IM will not pass 2 people on 1 pnr on the w/list if there is only 1 NC seat, until DM day of flight, where the clearing is then based on status, fare paid and time on w/list.

<snip>

I have been on the list since early May for an Oct flight. There is still NC=1, so no one has skipped over us as yet.

<snip>

It seems this issue is one that there is confusion and disagreement on the boards. It would be great to get some clarification (if that is at all possible ).
I've been told (and have it in writing) from a reservations manager the very opposite to what your friend was told about being skipped over. Here's a snippet of what the UA reservations manager wrote me:

... By booking your reservation together on 1 record, all members of the party have the privilege of having the highest priority waitlist status due to your 1K level, however if 1 upgrade seat becomes available, the system will "pass" your party of 2 reservation and clear a reservation that has 1 passenger.
Anyway ...interesting that no one's skipped you yet. I'd love to hear if it continues that way, since yes, there does seem to be so many conflicting answers to this, here and at UA.