FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Admirals Club Benefits - Worth it? (consolidated)
Old Jul 14, 2008, 8:46 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by nd_eric_77

At least DL CRCs include complimentary drinks; ACs come across as just plain stingy by comparison.
Those of us who pay for, and love, the ACs can afford to pay for our own drinks, and don't really see this as a downside. Definitely not a consideration factor in whether, or not, to join. As others have noted, it's all about the AAngels. Especially if one as a small club where they know you.

I've walked into the SJC club several times to have one of my favorite AAngels hand me a boarding pass to correct a problem...one time I thought it was already fixed. She knew I was flying, knew I'd stop by, and took care of things before I arrived. I was there once and she was just finishing leaving a message for another local AC member whose flight the next day (or later that day) was delayed or canceled or something. Beats the hell out of a free drink.

Plus, it's nice to have a comfy place to sit and chill, get some water or a soda.

But the AAngels are what it's all about.

Cheers.