FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade questions - two people on one pnr
Old Jul 14, 2008, 4:14 am
Downunder girl

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
I find this issue very confusing. I have been told by someone who travels extensively with UA (and who was told by UA management) that IM will not pass 2 people on 1 pnr on the w/list if there is only 1 NC seat, until DM day of flight, where the clearing is then based on status, fare paid and time on w/list.

What supposedly happens is that NC1 will sit there and not be given out to single pnr pax on w/list below until the 2 people (in one pnr) are cleared (prior to DM).

I am in this exact situation, we are first on the w/list 2 pax (myself 2P and Mini DG 3P) on one pnr for 2 trancons. There is NC=1. So far I have not split pnr - staying put to see what happens . I have been on the list since early May for an Oct flight. There is still NC=1, so no one has skipped over us as yet.

Last year, similar situation, I chose to split pnrs based on advice here on FT. It worked out fine but we were of the same status last year, this year Mini DG took a dive in status . This is the main reason I have not split, I think she may need my status help if it goes to DM. Sitting in separate cabins is not an option due to her age.

It seems this issue is one that there is confusion and disagreement on the boards. It would be great to get some clarification (if that is at all possible ).

NB: Only one of the two waitlisted transcons actually has NC1, the other has NC=0. If they both had NC1, I would split ASAP, put Mini DG in the avail NC and let me wait it out with higher status. But that wont solve the sep cabin issue if I dont clear .

Last edited by Downunder girl; Jul 14, 2008 at 4:20 am Reason: Clarification