FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis Beijing [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jul 13, 2008, 6:34 am
Sydfly

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
RAPC, thanks so much for taking these pictures! It does not appear to be as luxurious as I had hoped a St. Regis to be. Certainly doesn't look like a Cat. 6 property to me. Do you feel it is worth that many points?

We have actually booked a Diplomat Deluxe room but I do like the colours of the Executive room better (especially the dark bathroom).

Don't want to take too much of your time but could I ask you what brand the bathroom amenities are? And have you been to the pool at all? I think they have some natural hot springs there?

Now I really can't decide between the Westin, the Interconti and the St. Regis. I was hoping for the St. Regis to be extra special. Doesn't look that extra special to me. I have to find some pictures of the Westin rooms. I think I saw a thread a while ago with some photos...