FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 13, 2008, 5:24 am
Pickles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by AN-Diamond
All in all not at all impressed, I think they are trying too hard to be cool, and not pulling it off very well.

The prime example that comes to mind with this is the lack of any kind of folio of information about the hotel, there is an odd magazine type thing, but apart from info about local pubs etc, the hotel information is a mystery (I didn't know until reading this that room service breakfast was an option).
That's funny. The "Stock" magazine which is supposed to be the guide to the hotel and the area, is pretty much useless. It is loaded with all kinds of "inside" cheeky-lad Maxim-reader jokes and puns, as if somebody took the Bearded One's copywriters, and, before a writing session, gave them the stuff that Mrs. Marsellus Wallace found in Vincent Vega's coat pocket.

On the upside, the guy who checked me in, Victor, was extremely helpful and showed me all the amenities and tricks at the hotel, well done.