FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cookies-the Web Browser Kind
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2008, 1:02 pm
Mr. Vker

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Cookies-the Web Browser Kind

Has any one else encountered this?

We are new to Delta, starting to use them more. Last week, we got a great fare BWI-MCO in first class for $303.00 all in. Travel dates 12/27-1/3. Its my m-i-l's 70th birthday and we are all going down.

Long story short, my wife's aunt and uncle tell me today they are able to get off work and they want to travel with us. I certainly expect that fare to be gone. BUT, its not. Its right there on the screen-$303.00! I go to puchase enter all info and I get the message "This fare is gone, please start over." Four times I go through this, four times same result.

I call web support. The guy doesn't believe the low fare. I tell him to look at my itinerary. He then asks me if I made this reservation on the same computer. I say, "Yes." They have me clear the cookies off my computer-guess what? Lowest fare is now $975.00.

According to Delta, IT WAS MY COMPUTER'S FAULT that I was getting the lower fare. What kind of system is this? My computer is storing fares that won't be valid in the future? Weak.

I don't mind dealing with the reality of what the fares are, but I don't want to see fares that cannot be bought.

Last edited by Mr. Vker; Jul 9, 2008 at 1:15 pm