FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points Eastham Cape Cod [Master Thread]
Old Jul 8, 2008, 11:17 pm
mabff

Programs: UA1K, BA GLD
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
a dump.

There seriously is no reason I can think of to stay here unless you subscribe to the rediculous notion that one must stay at a property that is part of chain, you can't get anything for cheap and are using points, you need a stay credit.

No clue as to what Plat is, not that it really matters as the property on a whole is not average Four Points IMO.

Do a bit of research on non-chain properties in an area that you are staying, traffic can suck depending upon time of year you are going. You'll be much happier.

I'm all for points, miles etc etc. The Cape and *W properties is an area that one should break from the FT madness and go elsewhere.

Thankfully we only spent one night here.

--
Completely agree to the poster above. As a platinum paying $305 rate I got a small room with two narrow "double" beds (though I requested king), no window and a balcony overlooking *indoor* pool with sump and hot air! Air condition was old and noisy and did not have "Fan On" setting so kept switching on and off during the night going from loud howling to quite but stuffy air and back. Probably the worst hotel experience I had in years. My wife even said that a tent in a campground would be more comfortable.

For less money I would rather stay in a nearby Wellfleet Motel and Lodge that I was never a big fan of. It has much bigger rooms with windows and has direct access to trails to National Seashore as well as Cape Cod Bike Trail. But one has to try oneself to know. Next time I will definitely make a different choice even if I miss a beloved qualifying stay.