FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL ending all service to TOL
View Single Post
Old Jul 8, 2008, 12:30 pm
N655SP

Oh toledo. I remember the days when there were mainline flights into TOL. 3x daily to ATL on DL, a mix of Fokkers and 737s to PIT on US. When I worked for Comair in 2004, we had 14 daily flights (4x ATL, 10x CVG) on DCI metal, with three overnights.

I have a sneaky suspicion that the days of the RJ (well at least the 40/50 seat) are about to be over. And any market that is served by these aircraft only are about to go the way of the dodo.

Not that this surprises me at all. For those who know me, I was always the first one to cheerlead for this airport. But when TOL had the chance to grow, much to the likings of CAK, it didn't. The good ol' boys in the Port offices were content with what they had. And while CAK will still have Frontier (DEN), AirTran(ATL, BOS, LGA, MCO), United Express (ORD), and USAirways Express (CLT, PHL), what will Toledo have? American Eagle (ORD), Mesaba (DTW), and 4x/week on G4.

I wish every one of those OH employees well and good luck. I know most of them, and I am sad for them.

5SP