In a recent forum thread, in which FlyerTalker Mikey Mike Mike shared some fairly common complaints with his World Traveller Plus experience, British Airways Moderator corporate-wage-slave let us know that changes are indeed coming to World Traveller Plus by way of “a relaunch of some sort in the next few months, though I think the focus is mainly on food and drink, perhaps some improvement to blankets/pillows.”
In the mean time, FlyerTalkers have been sharing their ideas about how World Traveller Plus can improve not only on the older 777s and 747s but also on the newer seats on the A380, 787 and (newer) 777 s which not everyone seems to be happy with.
What Mikey Mike Mike would like to see change based on his recent flight:
- The seats are ok – but the old 777’s don’t have power in PE and the IFE is tiny unless you’re in the first row.
- The bedding is poor and worn out
- My favourite gripe – (warm) prosecco served from London but not TO London. (cost or laziness given they manage it in J and F. And no top up – only 3 bottles loaded!)
- Bar drinks served in plastic
- Poor quality food
- mains – always veggie pasta and a slop – this time chicekn in black bean sauce
- Salad – a few leaves and one slice of tomato
- No cheese
- synthetic and sugary deserts
- Poor second meal (from what I see)
- Appalling breakfast – the pretzel roll with cream cheese
- Second meal is Y ie once you have the main meal, it morphs into economy service
What would you change? Chime in on this forum thread.
[Image Source: FlyerTalker firstlight ([First FT Pictures] G-VIIX refurbishment [LGW B772, including 3-4-3 seating in WT])