Community
Wiki Posts
Search

High density 777 from FLL to LGW

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2018, 5:54 am
Original Poster

High density 777 from FLL to LGW

I recently flew from FLL to LGW in world traveler plus on July 7. Although the seat was a little larger than economy and you got an amenity bag, when the person in front of me reclined, the seat back almost touched my knees. A very uncomfortable flight. In the future I will only fly business or premium economy on another airline. I did fly Norwegian premium economy flying home, and when the person in front of me reclined, I had at least two feet between me and the reclined seat back. A much more comfortable flight. Also, the flight crew on BA seamed indifferent as far as service.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 6:46 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The alternative I guess is to select the first row of WTP, but from what I can see that has better knee room (and the window person can get to the aisle with minimal disruption to the aisle passenger), however the leg room isn't as good as further back. I know of some people who prefer the final row of WTP so they can recline all flight long. Is the LGW WTP different from other WTP products? From the spacing on thebasource it's not obviously better or worse. Having Norwegian as an alternative is good since it puts competitive pressure on BA. However I don't see the point in boycotting CW since that is totally different to WTP in design and operation.
boss315 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 7:26 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
However I don't see the point in boycotting CW since that is totally different to WTP in design and operation.
I don't think the OP was suggesting a boycott of CW. I think the suggestion was to fly:
  1. Business (e.g. CW) or
  2. Premium economy on another airline.
I could be wrong of course.
Oaxaca and Mr.JimmyFlyer like this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: AA : BA
Just to note however, that Norwegian have densified the PE cabin on their new 787-9s. Chopped 3 inches off the pitch.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 7:38 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by golfmad
I don't think the OP was suggesting a boycott of CW. I think the suggestion was to fly:
  1. Business (e.g. CW) or
  2. Premium economy on another airline.
Ah yes, there are indeed two readings possible here!
Old Aug 10, 2018, 8:08 am
Original Poster

When I said business, I meant Club World. I would fly that again with BA. At this point , I need to build up more avios for that level.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
I ALWAYS select the aisle bulkhead seats in WT+ for this very reason. Very sage advice!!!
Old Aug 10, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: BAEC
so is WTP leg room less on the very new densified LGW 777 fleet?
Old Aug 10, 2018, 10:18 am

Programs: BA:Gold Amex:Green :IC Platinum Elite Amb
Originally Posted by wesport
I recently flew from FLL to LGW in world traveler plus on July 7. Although the seat was a little larger than economy and you got an amenity bag, when the person in front of me reclined, the seat back almost touched my knees. A very uncomfortable flight. In the future I will only fly business or premium economy on another airline. I did fly Norwegian premium economy flying home, and when the person in front of me reclined, I had at least two feet between me and the reclined seat back. A much more comfortable flight. Also, the flight crew on BA seamed indifferent as far as service.
Yes the new WT+ product is terrible especially when an aisle seat reclines fully as it's impossible to get out of the window seat without asking the person reclining or stepping on the seat. Only flown once and even then immediately upgraded the return - vowed never again and with 2 GUF2's in the bag this year (Me + OH) no need. I suppose ok for a night flight as everybody reclines but day time you have the IFE literally in your face if the person in front reclines or risk getting moved from the front row is the bassinet is required.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.