Corinthia Budapest

Subscribe
I am thinking about staying at this property with my family due to a special of 90 Euros. It seems like a great hotel and the rate includes breakfast, internet, spa, etc. See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel...ugh-march.html.

I've gone to Wyndham website and it does not seem they have any program that matters, for getting a status with them for getting a better room at this hotel. I see I can get some points or miles but no other real benefit.

Do they have any real program that could assist?
Quote: Do they have any real program that could assist?
Well, if you want upgrades on your very first stay in a program, I'm not sure which program you'd call "real"! Most programs that do give you better rooms only give it after you've stayed a certain number of times in the program the previous year. For example, in Hilton HHonors you need 4 stays for measly Silver and 16 stays for more meanginful Gold.

So while WynhdamRewards doesn't have upgrades, neither does any other program I can think of on the very first stay you have with them.

And lots of programs that claim to give upgrades rarely actually do so (Priority Club, Best Western, Choice Privieleges, etc). And even programs where as a rule upgrades can happen (like HHonors) can have particular properties that are infamous for not honoring that policy.

So I'm not sure what kind of "real" program you're looking for here. Are you going to have one stay, or lots of stays?
Since I am Plat PC, Plat Starwood, Plat Hyatt and a former Hilton Diamond I know what it takes to get and maintain status.

Like 90% of the FT I also know in a program with tier benefits I could make a phone call and get a match to one of the top tiers. From what I've read Wyndham does not really have a program where there is any benefit to being loyal; hence an upgrade to a nicer room, if available.

My questions is does Wyndham have a program where I could maybe call and get a mid-tier or something status match to give me a chance of getting a better room in BUD?
It makes a difference which brand this is (which you didn't mention). Corinthian is the name. Per the WynhdamRewards website, it's a Wynhdam GrandCollection hotel. That's what matters to your question.

The confusing thing is that Wynham has two seperate programs.

WynhdamRewards is a program made up of mostly low-end motels (Super 8, Days Inn, Travelodge, etc) with some old midline hotels (Ramada, etc) thrown in and then Wyndham. As most of these motels/hotels don't have much to upgrade to, they've not put a priority on tiers. (This is a fairly new program, and it takes lower-end programs years typically to come up with tier programs. It took years for Choice Privileges, and it took years for Best Western Rewards. And this program is much newer than either of those.)

Then there is Wyndham ByRequest, which is a perks-not-points program that applies to Wyndham branded hotels only. I know little about that because I've never stayed in a Wyndham branded hotel. So I don't know whether they have tiers, but if so they would only apply at Wyndham branded hotels.

So unless Wynham ByRequest (rather than WyndhamRewards) has some sort of status match, I doubt there's anything you can do (except maybe sign up for Wynham ByRequest and get the perks anyone who signs up for that can get).

While it's true that hotel programs that cater to business travelers with collections that include many full-service hotels have status matches, the fact is that WynhamRewards hotel brand mix leans (at least in the US, where it's headquartered) toward low-end motels. And hotel programs with that mix (like Best Western, Choice Priviliges, and Carlson's GoldPoints) rarely status match, and even when they do their upgrade programs are very hit-and-miss. So you shouldn't expect the same from these "secondary" programs as from the "first tier" programs you're used to.

You seem to think the only benefit to being loyal is room upgrades. Not in the lower end hotels. In Choice, for example, the benefit to being loyal is extended access to award properties (which include luxury properties available for awards but not for earning). Some of us view that as a more useful loyalty perk in that family than upgrades would be, since the cheap hotels we earn our status in in the US suburbs have little to upgrade to!
It looks like Corinthian properties don't participate in the Wyndham Rewards program or Wyndham ByRequest, per the Wyndham Rewards T&C.