Business Class Lounge guests

Subscribe
So in July I'm travelling SYD-MEL-PER-SYD.

I am travelling all on business, but a colleague of mine is not. However, are business class customers allowed a guest in the lounge with them? i.e. so my colleague can join me before the flight.

I couldn't see anything on the virgin website, only that Velocity Gold and Platinum members are allowed guests due to their status, which I am neither of.

*EDIT*

Just found this on the virgin website,

"c) Each Member may invite one Guest, and two children aged 2 – 12 years inclusive to accompany the Member to the Virgin Australia lounge at no charge. Additional guests (adults and children over 2 years) will be charged the Single Entry Fee. Guests must be accompanied by a Member at all times while in the Virgin Australia lounge, but need not be travelling."

So would this mean that even a standard red member, if he had purchased membership to the lounge, would be able to invite 1 guest in free of charge? Does it apply to business class?

Cheers,

Michael
You will have access to the lounge as part of your business fare, however your friend will have to pay $65 at each lounge to allow access.

Velocity Gold (can take a plus 1) or Velocity Platinum (can take plus 3) and if you reach Silver, you get 2 comp lounge passes per year which cannot be transferred to anyone else.
I would give it a go though. I have found the Virgin staff to be very accommodating in the lounges. Actually, other than a few grumpy flight attendants (maybe they have been taking lessons from Qantas) recently I have found all of the Virgin staff to be very accommodating.
Just for everyone's reference I received this email from the Virgin lounge this morning.

Hi Michael

Thanks for your e-mail

Business class guests have free lounge access for themselves only, before their flight. As we no longer sell one-off entry passes, this means that unfortunately there is no option for you to bring in a guest.

Please contact me if you have any further queries.

Kind regards

Kerry
Virgin Australia Lounge