Tesco Clubcard points promotion

Subscribe
The Tesco Clubcard site is currently running a 50% bonus offer on Clubcard points exchanged for Virgin Flying Club miles (2 Jan - 5 March). Instead of 625 miles for £2.50 you can get 937 miles. In addition, if you 'opt in' for auto conversion of future Clubcard points to Virgin FC miles within that period you will receive a 1000 mile bonus.

Nice little earner if you have Clubcard point vouchers sitting around at home waiting to be exchanged.
Where does it say about the promotion?
In My prefs in only said 625 for £2.50
Cancel that - just seen it

Quote:
At Virgin Atlantic, Flying is their passion. A passion they love to share with their travellers. That’s why Virgin Atlantic Flying Club offers such generous rewards and their members can even start earning miles before they board the plane with their various partners on the ground.

Members can then spend their Flying Club miles on brilliant rewards like:

Flights to great Virgin Atlantic destinations, Cabin upgrades to Premium Economy and Upper Class, access reduced fares with Miles Plus Money, Combi fares which allow you to combine a one way reward flight (in any cabin) with a one way published fare (Economy or Premium Economy only). Also you can spend miles with a variety of partners including airlines, hotels and the Virgin Group, or you can top up your (or your friends and families) Flying Club account with Buy Miles, Gift Miles or Transfer miles.

SPECIAL OFFER – 50% extra Flying Club miles

Exchange your Clubcard vouchers between 2 Jan and 5 March 2013 and receive 50% more Flying Club miles. For every £2.50 in Clubcard vouchers exchanged, you will receive 937 Flying Club miles instead of 625.

Plus if you 'auto opt in' between 2 Jan and 5 March 2013 you will receive an extra 1,000 bonus miles during this period.

Offers ends 05 March 2012.

Travel-2013
Hope you got a few vouchers knocking about Steve Oh to take advantage?
That's great, thanks OP!

I think they ran the 1000 miles promotion for "auto opt in" a little while back but I missed it, and didn't see much point in opting in otherwise.

Nice little bonus with the 50% conversion bonus too
Quote: That's great, thanks OP!

I think they ran the 1000 miles promotion for "auto opt in" a little while back but I missed it, and didn't see much point in opting in otherwise.

Nice little bonus with the 50% conversion bonus too
They did run the 1000 miles promo about this time last year when Virgin Atlantic joined the Clubcard scheme. Got those miles and cancelled the auto conversion... Wonder if I'll get the 1000 miles for doing it again...
Worth a shot!
They can only say No. Let us know of the outcome of that please.
Will do...

Should have about £30 of Tesco vouchers arriving in February after doing slightly silly things like buying unwanted Cliff Richard CDs and inkjet cartridges to get the bonus points... With this promo that's looking like good value, as long as the vouchers arrive in Feb!

Now need to think whether to burn those Virgin miles before the implications of the Delta deal are fully known...
If you are only redeem VS miles for Economy tickets, don't do it. Even with this promotion, 937 miles (according to my calculation, and open for debate) is worth less than £5 in terms of Economy airfare, when you considering all the tax and surcharges you are going to pay.

For PE, 937 miles probably just around £10 worth of promotional airfare or £15 normal fare, not a bad deal for your £2.50 Tesco voucher.

And for Upper tickets, it will be a bargin when using miles.
tesco>>virgin
Have moved £155 of vouchers over which gives me just shy of 60k virgin miles (with the bonus 1000 for auto convert)

enough for an economy to upper class upgrade to hong kong (the economy flight plus extra taxes etc cost me around £900 last time)

not sure how this compares to other redemption opportunities but i am more than happy with this option

add to that a few nights at Conrad Hong Kong for 25K & 1000HKD - upgraded to exec lounge with my HHonors Diamond and i am very happy
Wow...£155 of tesco vouchers! I am impressed! ^
Quote: Hope you got a few vouchers knocking about Steve Oh to take advantage?
I'm on auto convert so I've got about 2,000 points at the moment pending conversion in March - should be at least 4,000 by then too

Happy days
Then certainly worth considering for conversion by that time. Where you thinking of going with them?
Anyone know how strict virgin are in receiving these miles into a different account compared to the tesco account ? My brother, who lives at the same address as me, has tesco vouchers he doesn't want. I was thinking of getting him to transfer to my virgin account. The surname and address would be the same, but obviously the first name would be different. I have already done a tesco-> virgin transfer from my own tesco account.

Anyone tried this ?