Gold on V new to VFC..Booking seats

Subscribe
We have Virgin Gold through our Amex card.

We have used our free companion ticket and come to Las Vegas in PE.

Coming out our bookings, although booked at the same time were not linked together and we were sat in rows 70 (something) and 81. A lovely solo traveller swapped for us so we could be together.

I have tried to select our return seats online today and it wont allow me to do that due to the refurb of the fleet.

We were big BA customers and we have never had to deal with booking seats as our profiles are linked with me as a side window and hubby as a side aisle.

Is there a way to bypass the online bit?

Thanks
No

THe call sentres will not do anything re seat requests which as you know are out of action because of the refurbs.

Best you can do is (a) see if you can move during OLCI for your return trip (b) then ask at the airport.
Welcome to Virgin.

I am interested to know if you found your companion ticket to Vegas to be good value.

The general consensus is that it is usually better and cheaper to buy two points earning revenue seats than use the 'free' voucher.

Nick
Quote: Welcome to Virgin.

I am interested to know if you found your companion ticket to Vegas to be good value.

The general consensus is that it is usually better and cheaper to buy two points earning revenue seats than use the 'free' voucher.

Nick
We needed to pay an appropriate 2nd PE ticket which was 1600 and then 300 for the taxes on the companion ticket.

I dont know whether that is good value or not. But I can say we wont be travelling PE again. Sorry if that offends anyone! It wasnt great. Its a long time since I came off a long haul flight in PE hungry!

We dont plan on being big Virgin flyers. We just want to get use out of our freebies
Quote: No

THe call sentres will not do anything re seat requests which as you know are out of action because of the refurbs.

Best you can do is (a) see if you can move during OLCI for your return trip (b) then ask at the airport.
Moving seats at OLCI doesnt seem possible. The seat change section closes out as the OCLI opens. I learned that on the outward flight

I'll get my husband to put on his 'I love you' smile and see what happens at the airport.
You can call VS and have your booking references linked together so that when they do seat you you'll be next to each other.
Quote: We needed to pay an appropriate 2nd PE ticket which was 1600 and then 300 for the taxes on the companion ticket........
Ouch - sorry but that doesn't sound like anything remotely approaching good value to me.

Unless your dates were set in stone, for not a lot more you could have got a couple of Z fares to LAX / SFO from LHR (especially at at sale time) and (IMHO) had a whole lot better flying experience.

Not surprised you won't be doing too much Virgin flying.

Nick
Z fare??

Yes our dates were set and the lowest UC were 2k each.
Quote: Z fare??

Yes our dates were set and the lowest UC were 2k each.
A Z fare is the cheapest and least flexible UC fare.
Managed to get 2 seats together on the upper deck..phew!

But we have both agreed that we don't like being treated like rock stars and I think we'll stick to BA.

We've come off both flights hungry and totally exhausted by people being in a party mood.

We've done Vegas loads of time with BA and not had a simialr experience. Also, the planes a re sooooo hot?? Gosh I was down to skinny tee and a thin pair of trackies and sweating like a p.i.g !!!