Discount on a new Mercedes-Benz for Premier members

Subscribe
Here’s a coupon that is worth far more than the usual 50 cents.

Frequent flyers can save up to $5,000 on a new Mercedes-Benz, under a special deal available through United Airlines.

United’s MileagePlus members with Premier status can get a “savings certificate” to use when buying or leasing most new Mercedes vehicles. A dozen 2013 and 2014 models are being offered in the promotion, including Mercedes’ flagship S-Class. Even an AMG model is available.

An extra reward comes with certain models. Those who choose a 2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class or CLS-Class receive 25,000 bonus miles in the MileagePlus program.

Randy Petersen, an expert on frequent flyer programs, says the partnership with United is a “brilliant move” by Mercedes, which gets marketing access to millions of potential car buyers.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/matthewd..._medium=social
You're a bit late to the proverbial party on this one.
It's been around since early July.
Is this one of those discount certificates that basically is no better than cutting your own deal, either because it's off MSRP and one typically pays below that or because you have to present it before negotiating a price so the dealer simply take the money?

Or is it more like a payment coupon?
Quote: Is this one of those discount certificates that basically is no better than cutting your own deal, either because it's off MSRP and one typically pays below that or because you have to present it before negotiating a price so the dealer simply take the money?

My buddy sells MB. He said it is basically like having fleet discount. Which is pretty easy to get if you know about it and happen to work for a company that is in the system. He said you CANNOT use the United Deal along with Fleet.

and what AMG model is this for? I only saw entry level models
Quote:
and what AMG model is this for? I only saw entry level models
https://unitedpremier.truecar.com/mercedes-models.html

A couple AMG cars are listed. Of course, after clicking through the target price was a few hundred $$ higher - because it includes an advertising fee.
Not much
Quote: Is this one of those discount certificates that basically is no better than cutting your own deal, either because it's off MSRP and one typically pays below that or because you have to present it before negotiating a price so the dealer simply take the money?

I just looked and it is only $3000 of the SL550, which is like nothing off a $100,000 car. The S class has a discount of $9000, which makes sense, but since the 2014s are coming out in a few months, these 2013s prices will drop like rocks anyway. It may be cheaper to go European Delivery.
Quote: I just looked and it is only $3000 of the SL550, which is like nothing off a $100,000 car.
I'm guessing it's somewhere around 3% based upon my awesome math skills .
Quote: I just looked and it is only $3000 of the SL550, which is like nothing off a $100,000 car. The S class has a discount of $9000, which makes sense, but since the 2014s are coming out in a few months, these 2013s prices will drop like rocks anyway. It may be cheaper to go European Delivery.
I'm not familer with BM ED, but for BMW ED the ED MSRP for the car is already about 7% cheaper than US MSRP and if you have good contacts some will do an ED at ED incoive +500/750. This can be much, much cheaper than buying in the US. Plus it will give us a chance to use miles to fly to germany to pick the car up ^
Quote: I'm not familer with BM ED, but for BMW ED the ED MSRP for the car is already about 7% cheaper than US MSRP and if you have good contacts some will do an ED at ED incoive +500/750. This can be much, much cheaper than buying in the US. Plus it will give us a chance to use miles to fly to germany to pick the car up ^
A shame they don't include the airfare. Volvo does.

http://www.volvocars.com/us/sales-se...s/default.aspx
Quote: A shame they don't include the airfare. Volvo does.

http://www.volvocars.com/us/sales-se...s/default.aspx
They used to have a 2 for 1 through LH in coach, but they discontinued that about 18 months ago.

Oh course we would have probably used miles back than anyway to be in F/C.
Quote: I just looked and it is only $3000 of the SL550, which is like nothing off a $100,000 car. The S class has a discount of $9000, which makes sense, but since the 2014s are coming out in a few months, these 2013s prices will drop like rocks anyway. It may be cheaper to go European Delivery.
The T&Cs say 2014 cars, at least for the mileage bonus.

They only drop like rocks when the new model is a totally redesigned model.

Like when the 2009 E Class, had a major change for 2010. Dealers unloaded all their stock. I picked up a brand new fully loaded E63 for 30+% off sticker!!! My buddy said will most likely never happen again. He said it just happen to be the "perfect storm"
WAY too many in inventory(Eclass, they only had one E63)
Radical new body style starting to arrive in 4 months
Crazy secret incentives to unload them

There are so many secret incentives that you will never even know about. and from what he tells me. If you don't know, they will never tell you!
Can anyone advise on a recent experience if MB and UA is partnering to giving you additional incentives ON TOP of what MB USA is offering for that month?

I.e. E Class, $2500 , vs the $10k that MB has been giving periodically.
MB and United, my experience
Hi Everyone,

There was far too much speculation on this so I'm going to give you the straight on it.

I purchased a 2015 GLK350 that stickered near 49k for a lot cheaper than I could negotiate on my own. You can configure it yourself: I got the Multimedia package (320), Convenience Package 1 (P01), Heated Front Seats (873) and Keyless Go (889).

Here is what Truecar says:Estimated Savings off MSRP: $1,791

Well, I can tell you I purchased it for 43,898.00 (not including tax and title fees) and I'm getting 25k UA miles. I couldn't beat the deal!

So, when it is all said and done, it saved me a lot of money, hassle and gave me 25k miles.

Let me know if you have any questions...
I'm sorry to say but 6k off an 2015 model is not a good deal given that the 2016 is releasing and the GLC. However for no hassle , 10.5% is decent if not much time is wanted to be spent for bargaining.

Pherhaps the best way to buy a car is not within your local dealers but simply cold calling a bunch of dealers or suggested people from forums.