Consolidated "I need XXX UA/CO miles" for my account

Subscribe
So I am about to book my flight to SJO from BOS, and am 1,970 miles short. Continental is charging me $70 for them. Anyone know any tips/tricks/places I can pick up/earn about 2000 miles for less than that and that will show up in my account immediately?

Any help would be appreciated!

Also, is 52,500 miles + $192 a lot for traveling from BOS to SJO RT June 9th to June 22nd? I tried to get there as cheap as possible without spending a lot of miles and trying to have a reasonable flight time (length). New to this, so I am not sure if this is a good deal or not...
Can you shift your dates by a day?
I see $352 all in on Spirit Airlines (one stop) jun 8 - jun 21.
$352 sounds a lot better than 52.5k miles + $192.
Wow thats definitely a better deal. However, my dates have to be the 9th, or the 10th (be in sjo by 10am) because my ride is only going to be there on that day. I appreciate your help and am shocked at how cheap you were able to find that. I have been looking for a while now and didn't find that.
Quote: So I am about to book my flight to SJO from BOS, and am 1,970 miles short. Continental is charging me $70 for them. Anyone know any tips/tricks/places I can pick up/earn about 2000 miles for less than that and that will show up in my account immediately?

Any help would be appreciated!
Do you have a UA MP account that you can link to your CO OnePass account and then transfer miles for free?

Or maybe transfer Amex MR points?
I only have an AA account with miles in it. I do have AMEX points, but how fast would they translate into miles?
The Amex site says "Allow 24 - 48 hours for the transfer to complete."

A google search led me to believe that the transfer to CO is usually instantaneous. But I haven't done it myself.
Quote: The Amex site says "Allow 24 - 48 hours for the transfer to complete."

A google search led me to believe that the transfer to CO is usually instantaneous. But I haven't done it myself.
I've done CO and DL, and both were virtually instantaneous (<5 mins), but it's not guaranteed. If anything causes AmEx to get confused (e.g. slightly different spelling on MR vs. OP account, etc.) it can take longer in theory.

Note that you have to have "regular" Membership Rewards or MR First (from a green/gold or plat charge card), not MR Express (from blue and other credit cards) to turn points into miles.
Quote: Can you shift your dates by a day?
I see $352 all in on Spirit Airlines (one stop) jun 8 - jun 21.
$352 sounds a lot better than 52.5k miles + $192.
Yeah, but don't they have planes with 28" seat pitch?
Quote: Yeah, but don't they have planes with 28" seat pitch?
some planes, yes.. but this trip is clearly driven by cost vs comfort.