Down Under to Perth via SQ

Subscribe
Quote: Nice report! Brings back memories of our trip to Perth last year. Did you take public transport up to the Wildlife Park?

Nope. Joined a day trip.
South African A343 from Jo'burg.

Eithad B789 arriving from Abu Dhabi.

Shops and cafe at the newer wing.

Seating area at the gate. The flight back did not seemed too full.

9V-SVB would be operating the flight back. It is the first re-retrofitted B772ER with "transplanted" economy seats from the B773ERs.

10 May 2017
Singapore Airlines
SQ 226
Perth (PER) - Singapore (SIN)
B777-200ER
9V-SVB
Economy Class
Flight Time: 5H00M

Boarding was called and conducted in groups. It was a long walk to the aircraft.

Earphones and newspapers were available at the door.

The economy cabin of this aircraft has recently been re-retrofitted with the "transplanted" 2006 Y seats, but upholstered with the 2013 colour schemes. I was seated at the 2-seater last row of the forward economy cabin. Legroom was pretty good.

Boarding in progress.

Parked beside the Virgins.

Boarding completed, hot towels distributed, doors closed and safety video played.

Pushed back.

It was just a short taxi to the ruway and we soon departed Rwy21 heading towards the Perth City suburbs.

Video of taxi and takeoff.

Perth CBD can be seen.

Leaving the coast off Perth.

The IFE system on this re-retrofitted bird has also been upgraded to the 2006 product equivalent.

Bar service started soon after. Service was rather fast as I saw that there were additional 2 trainee crew in Economy, thus with 9 crew attending in economy to a less-than-full flight.

I requested for a Singapore Sling (the only featured cocktail in the condensed beverage menu) to go with my nuts.

Started with the animation "Sing".

While cruising high above the Western Australian coast.

Lunch service soon commenced.

My friend pre-ordered the Indian Vegetarian meal and was served first.

The normal lunch menu for the flight.

Breakfast on the SIN-PER SQ213 sector. Similarly to what was served on SQ225 that I flew on.

Received my meal choice of Thai masaman chicken curry. It was accompanied with a smoked salmon salad, roll with butter, cheese and crackers and a dessert cake.

Starter was ok, the curry was not bad.

However the dessert was a tad disappointing. The cake was rather dense and dry, and tasted similarly to our traditional "Huat Kueh", a chinese-style dense cake that we have in Singapore. I would have preferred a creamier cake or an ice-cream.

Visit to the huge lavatory (disabled-access) on the B772ER. The usual amenities were present. Noticed that paper towels were not available in the A330 lavs (did not notice the paper towen compartments), but is present in the B772ER.

Cabin view.

We were already nearing Indonesia.

Somewhere over the Indian Ocean.

Watching a second movie.

Starting descend into Singapore, but was put in a holding pattern for a couple of rounds, presumably due to heavy traffic.

Descending.

Final approach and landing into Rwy20R, slightly ahead of schedule.

Video of the landing.

We were to arrive at Terminal 2. Taxi to the terminal.

However, we were allocated a T1 gate D41 instead. Insufficient gates at T2 I guess. We parked beside Jetstar A320s.

Disembarking. Airport staff had set up a cordon to direct passengers towards T2 and it was definitely a long walk to the T2 immigration.

A smooth and comfortable flight again on SQ. The re-retrofitted B772ER has definitely enhanced the old products to current standards at least. Service was good but catering was rather average and nothing memorable. However, still a more than decent way to fly in economy.

Thanks for reading!