Around The World on Miles and Points!

Subscribe
Quote: I'm looking to fly MEL/SYD - HKG(CX J) and HKG-SFO(CX F). Do they allow mixed cabin awards? How many AS miles did it cost you to book the initial mixed cabin flights?
I've booked and flown LAX(F)-HKG(J)-BNE on AS miles @ 80,000.
We're from SAN, we are going to spend 10-12 nights in the Seychelles before heading down to Cape Town for 5 nights, and then on to HDS for four nights for a Safari.

How many nights would you recommend in La Digue? It looked a bit more appealing vs Praslin. Though, there doesn't seem to be much online as far as trip reports for stays on the island. I've been combing through the tripadvisor forum.
Quote: We're from SAN, we are going to spend 10-12 nights in the Seychelles before heading down to Cape Town for 5 nights, and then on to HDS for four nights for a Safari.

How many nights would you recommend in La Digue? It looked a bit more appealing vs Praslin. Though, there doesn't seem to be much online as far as trip reports for stays on the island. I've been combing through the tripadvisor forum.
we "only" had 8 nights and split them 3 on La Digue (Le Repaire), 3 on Praslin (Le Chateau Feuilles) and 2 nights Mahe (Four Seasons). The lodging options are more limited on La Digue but we enjoyed the laid back feel to the island. Recommend taking the beach hiking tour there, spectacular beaches.

We had plenty to do on Praslin and spent most of our time on Mahe at the FS. The FS has a great location but was very expensive, thus only 2 nights.

I would recommend all of the hotels we stayed.
I concur that this isn't a proper trip report. I recommend the OP add detail and original photos.
Quote: I'm looking to fly MEL/SYD - HKG(CX J) and HKG-SFO(CX F). Do they allow mixed cabin awards? How many AS miles did it cost you to book the initial mixed cabin flights?
CX doesn't have F to South Africa or Australia, so any F award by definition has to be mixed (and it will cost the same as if the entire flight was in F).
Quote: CX doesn't have F to South Africa or Australia, so any F award by definition has to be mixed (and it will cost the same as if the entire flight was in F).
Thanks for the heads up. Got it.