Flyertalk iPhone App Feedback (all versions)

Subscribe
iPhone 4

Version 5.1.1

In the forums section, when clicking on any section that has sub-forums (e.g., "Airline Programs") this is what then occurs:

You must click the < so that it points downward -- that will "open" the subforums
Quote: You must click the < so that it points downward -- that will "open" the subforums
Wow, that's a bit unintuitive. Can I suggest that be added to the List Of Things To Make the App Actually Usable request list?
+1

But thank you, IBobi, I'm back in business.
But please, please, please make the default to show the sub-forums! It sometimes takes half a dozen tries to press that tiny tiny tiny arrow correctly for them to open.
Flyertalk iPhone App Feedback
Agreed on the subforum comments. It'd also be nice if you could open by default to a targeted forum that you can save. In my case, Aeroplan.

Still though, the app is better than so many others out there. Even the fact it exists makes me happy.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone.
Quote: But please, please, please make the default to show the sub-forums! It sometimes takes half a dozen tries to press that tiny tiny tiny arrow correctly for them to open.
Anything new here? Would think this would be a very simple fix.
Submitted but not yet addressed. The app is on a set schedule of upgrades, so we are not able to do things piecemeal like we can with the forums, unfortunately.

Paul
(Sorry if this was addressed earlier.)

The "newest" posts in the iPhone app have far less content than the New Posts in the (standard) Flyertalk interface.

Is there a setting I can change?
Thanks
Quote: (Sorry if this was addressed earlier.)

The "newest" posts in the iPhone app have far less content than the New Posts in the (standard) Flyertalk interface.

Is there a setting I can change?
Thanks
At this time, that is the closest to the full site's feature that's available on the app.

And of course there's the option to just view the full site in your mobile browser.

Paul
Okay Thanks
On an iPhone 4S

Two minor issues, and not sure if they have been mentioned yet (searched, but couldn't find them):

1) The app likes to write "&" symbols as "&amp;". This means that "Miles&Points" appears as "Miles&amp;Points"
2) Open a sub-forum and often there is a black space between the bottom thread and the reload/subscribe/search functions. When I scroll down, this black space remains. However, sometimes the forum loads without this black space. It's about 50-50.
When you look at a thread not accessed directly via the Forums option, you can't tell what forum a thread belongs to. Eg posters often don't specify the airline or hotel in question because they're obviously posting within a specific airline/hotel forum. When I see that post via iPhone, I often have no way of knowing they're referencing (eg) United.

Next, you can't see the entire thread title if it's long.

Last, the home page isn't sorted chronologically. It's sort of chronological, but with a mix of random.
Any news yet? Really hard to believe such a simple change can't be done in six months.

Quote: Submitted but not yet addressed. The app is on a set schedule of upgrades, so we are not able to do things piecemeal like we can with the forums, unfortunately.

Paul
Quote: Any news yet? Really hard to believe such a simple change can't be done in six months.
Still in the iOS development queue.