FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Support and Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback-386/)
-   -   No ad / Ads - Premium subscription (master thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/1119008-no-ad-ads-premium-subscription-master-thread.html)

sbrower Aug 23, 2010 2:28 am

Ads Displaying I'm Premium

Effective just a few minutes ago, I get ads displayed on FT, even though I have paid for premium. Was there a change in policy or a technical glitch?

wharvey Aug 23, 2010 5:37 am

I have Premium service and am not seeing ads.... so I think your second option is most likely correct... what a shock... :)

Mikel at Webflyer Aug 23, 2010 10:02 am

Originally Posted by sbrower (Post 14529030)
Effective just a few minutes ago, I get ads displayed on FT, even though I have paid for premium. Was there a change in policy or a technical glitch?

Your FlyerTalk Premium subscription ended today. :(

If you still subscribe to InsideFlyer you can renew your FlyerTalk Premium service here.

WCT3U Apr 25, 2011 7:25 pm

I'm also seeing ads. A week or so ago I got a renewal notice for InsideFlyer, I renewed for two years and I think I re-associated my flyertalk account to the insideflyer id.

I can log into www.insideflyer.com just fine and see that my account now expires in 2013. But http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/claim_subscription.php says:

We could not find an active InsideFlyer.com user account that matches the info you have provided.

SanDiego1K Apr 25, 2011 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by WCT3U (Post 16279910)
I'm also seeing ads. A week or so ago I got a renewal notice for InsideFlyer, I renewed for two years and I think I re-associated my flyertalk account to the insideflyer id.

I can log into www.insideflyer.com just fine and see that my account now expires in 2013. But http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/claim_subscription.php says:

Randy Petersen owns Inside Flyer and owned FlyerTalk. He sold FlyerTalk to Internet Brands. Internet Brands gets no revenue from your subscription to Inside Flyer. As a matter of courtesy, I've just extended your ad free access to FlyerTalk. For others reading this, I do not know what Internet Brands' plans are re offering an ad free FT.

WCT3U Apr 26, 2011 7:36 am

Thank you for that. So, FlyerTalk Premium is extinct? The subscription pages give no indication that the program has ended.

FriendlySkies Apr 27, 2011 1:07 am

I really hope plans continue to offer FT Premium. If not, I'll just make sure ....... Plus is enabled for my visits to FT, as it really ruins the reading experience to have ads all over the place.

SanDiego1K Apr 27, 2011 7:57 am

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies (Post 16287251)
I really hope plans continue to offer FT Premium.

I spoke to Internet Brands yesterday about this. They assured me that they will do so; they simply have to figure it out what to do.

FriendlySkies Apr 27, 2011 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 16288349)
I spoke to Internet Brands yesterday about this. They assured me that they will do so; they simply have to figure it out what to do.

Thanks, Carol ^

soitgoes Jun 3, 2011 11:13 pm

Any update on how to keep going on Premium?
My premium access expired (insideflyer is still active, but I realize they are separate). No my PM box is totally full because I lost my increased quota.

Is there a solution?

bk3day Jul 21, 2011 4:46 am

Ads on mobile site?

I'm logged in yet an ad for the new UA credit card is showing at the bottom of my screen.

Is this normal? I'm new to the mobile site but don't ever recall seeing ads before?

ginger50 Aug 22, 2011 11:38 am

Today I lost $24 because I went to renew my Inside Flyer subscription after reading on the Flyertalk Premium page:

Complete the steps below to start enjoying FlyerTalk Premium access today!

Step #1 - Subscribe to InsideFlyer magazine (Already a subscriber? Click here.)

Clicking on the link above will open a subscription page on the InsideFlyer.com Web site. Once you have completed the subscription process, close that window and come back to this page to complete your FlyerTalk Premium registration.

Step #2 - Register for FlyerTalk Premium Access You are logged in as ****, to verify premium access for **** provide your InsideFlyer.com username and password below:
I sent a help message and received:

Thank you for your inquiry. Randy Peterson's "Inside Flyer" magazine is not affiliated with FlyerTalk, and currently, we do not offer a premium service for 2011. We are working to put together an ad-free premium service for FlyerTalkers, and will announce site-wide when this is available.

Thank you again for being a member of the forum.

Best,
What I don't understand is why the Flyertalk website is still telling members to update their Inside Flyer subscription to keep the premium service.... MONTHS after that facility became unavailable. Will I be able to get my $24 back? :confused:

SanDiego1K Aug 22, 2011 11:50 am

Originally Posted by ginger50 (Post 16971346)
What I don't understand is why the Flyertalk website is still telling members to update their Inside Flyer subscription to keep the premium service.... MONTHS after that facility became unavailable. Will I be able to get my $24 back? :confused:

Ginger50, I'm really sorry about this. It has to be very aggravating to follow instructions and then learn they are outdated. I've gone ahead and given you adfree access. I don't know if InsiderFlyer will give you your money back. You should contact their subscription department. We can't help with that. It's a great magazine and well worth reading.

I've also asked the IT crew at Internet Brands to take down the outdated page.

IBobi Aug 22, 2011 2:19 pm

Thanks for answering that, Carol.

Yes, the text that appears on the FlyerTalk Premium page is incorrect -- there is no connection between the magazine subscription and FT Premium. We will change that link.

We are in the process of putting together an even better Premium package that will include Ad-Free browsing. Stay tuned!

Paul

FriendlySkies Aug 22, 2011 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi (Post 16972538)
Thanks for answering that, Carol.

Yes, the text that appears on the FlyerTalk Premium page is incorrect -- there is no connection between the magazine subscription and FT Premium. We will change that link.

We are in the process of putting together an even better Premium package that will include Ad-Free browsing. Stay tuned!

Paul

I look forward to the new package, but hope the pricing is comparable.@:-)