FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   SPG Platinum 500 Welcome Gift Changes? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1860560-spg-platinum-500-welcome-gift-changes.html)

IrishStephen Aug 12, 2017 10:58 am

SPG Platinum 500 Welcome Gift Changes?

Currently staying at a high end property where I was told by the SPG Insider who deals with the programme as a platinum I知 getting 500 starpoints per night on a ten day stay. They confirmed 5000 starpoints for the entire stay.

This is wrong correct? I thought the sweet spot was go for breakfast on a long stay as the welcome gift is per stay and not per night which I know it痴 a bit strange as you get breakfast every day so wondered was there a change?

The 5000 points are most welcome of course...

Cheers

S

lcpteck Aug 12, 2017 11:04 am

Originally Posted by IrishStephen (Post 28681012)
Currently staying at a high end property where I was told by the SPG Insider who deals with the programme as a platinum I知 getting 500 starpoints per night on a ten day stay. They confirmed 5000 starpoints for the entire stay.

This is wrong correct? I thought the sweet spot was go for breakfast on a long stay as the welcome gift is per stay and not per night which I know it痴 a bit strange as you get breakfast every day so wondered was there a change?

Cheers

S

Must be a new SPG Insider...

Canada101 Aug 12, 2017 11:12 am

Cheers

S

The only way this could be possible is if you signed up for MAGC which would mean 500 Plat Welcome Points + 4500 MAGC points. The associate may be confusing the two?

makin'miles Aug 12, 2017 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Canada101 (Post 28681053)
The only way this could be possible is if you signed up for MAGC which would mean 500 Plat Welcome Points + 4500 MAGC points. The associate may be confusing the two?

Although most/all properties clean the room every three days, even on longer stays, so the Make a Green Choice point total would generally be lower... quite strange.

OP: what region/country is this property in?

UA-NYC Aug 12, 2017 3:41 pm

Could be a special corporate rate promo...I've seen something similar

KENNECTED Aug 12, 2017 5:12 pm

Cheers

S

More information is needed. Ive stayed at properties that have held "guest" promotions at check in. One property I checked in, I won, 2500 star points. Could this be a property specific promotion?

IrishStephen Aug 13, 2017 4:50 am

Originally Posted by KENNECTED (Post 28682185)
More information is needed. Ive stayed at properties that have held "guest" promotions at check in. One property I checked in, I won, 2500 star points. Could this be a property specific promotion?

Its not a promo. They specifically said 500 Platinum Points and they were posting 5000 as I was going to be on property for ten nights. I値l see if the points post next week and refer but I think they are just mistaken.

UA-NYC Aug 13, 2017 6:15 am

Originally Posted by IrishStephen (Post 28683535)
Its not a promo. They specifically said 500 Platinum Points and they were posting 5000 as I was going to be on property for ten nights. I値l see if the points post next week and refer but I think they are just mistaken.

Are you on a corporate rate?

KENNECTED Aug 13, 2017 6:22 am

What property? That may add some insight.

schley Aug 13, 2017 7:19 am

Let's let this guy get his 5k points then start getting specific as it would be a shame for him to miss out because of some adjustment brought to light before he left.

Keyser Aug 13, 2017 7:54 am

my guess is that they are mistaken....i would be happy to be proven wrong though....500 points per night is definitely welcome....

IrishStephen Aug 14, 2017 7:19 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC (Post 28683689)
Are you on a corporate rate?

No not at all.

IrishStephen Aug 14, 2017 7:21 am

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 28683939)
my guess is that they are mistaken....i would be happy to be proven wrong though....500 points per night is definitely welcome....

Thats exactly what I think but I値l know once I leave and check what actual points posted.