SPG Platinum 500 Welcome Gift Changes?

Old Aug 12, 2017, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold,Amex Centurion,Marriott LT Plat Prem Elite +AMBASS,Hilton Diamond,Priority Club Plat,VS Gold
SPG Platinum 500 Welcome Gift Changes?

Currently staying at a high end property where I was told by the SPG Insider who deals with the programme as a platinum Im getting 500 starpoints per night on a ten day stay. They confirmed 5000 starpoints for the entire stay.

This is wrong correct? I thought the sweet spot was go for breakfast on a long stay as the welcome gift is per stay and not per night which I know its a bit strange as you get breakfast every day so wondered was there a change?

The 5000 points are most welcome of course...

Cheers

S
Old Aug 12, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by IrishStephen
Currently staying at a high end property where I was told by the SPG Insider who deals with the programme as a platinum Im getting 500 starpoints per night on a ten day stay. They confirmed 5000 starpoints for the entire stay.

This is wrong correct? I thought the sweet spot was go for breakfast on a long stay as the welcome gift is per stay and not per night which I know its a bit strange as you get breakfast every day so wondered was there a change?

Cheers

S
Must be a new SPG Insider...
Old Aug 12, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: SPG Platinum (100)

Cheers

S
The only way this could be possible is if you signed up for MAGC which would mean 500 Plat Welcome Points + 4500 MAGC points. The associate may be confusing the two?
Old Aug 12, 2017, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Canada101
The only way this could be possible is if you signed up for MAGC which would mean 500 Plat Welcome Points + 4500 MAGC points. The associate may be confusing the two?
Although most/all properties clean the room every three days, even on longer stays, so the Make a Green Choice point total would generally be lower... quite strange.

OP: what region/country is this property in?
Old Aug 12, 2017, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Could be a special corporate rate promo...I've seen something similar
Old Aug 12, 2017, 5:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Question

Cheers

S
More information is needed. Ive stayed at properties that have held "guest" promotions at check in. One property I checked in, I won, 2500 star points. Could this be a property specific promotion?
Old Aug 13, 2017, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold,Amex Centurion,Marriott LT Plat Prem Elite +AMBASS,Hilton Diamond,Priority Club Plat,VS Gold
Originally Posted by KENNECTED
More information is needed. Ive stayed at properties that have held "guest" promotions at check in. One property I checked in, I won, 2500 star points. Could this be a property specific promotion?
Its not a promo. They specifically said 500 Platinum Points and they were posting 5000 as I was going to be on property for ten nights. Ill see if the points post next week and refer but I think they are just mistaken.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Its not a promo. They specifically said 500 Platinum Points and they were posting 5000 as I was going to be on property for ten nights. Ill see if the points post next week and refer but I think they are just mistaken.
Are you on a corporate rate?
Old Aug 13, 2017, 6:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
What property? That may add some insight.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:19 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Let's let this guy get his 5k points then start getting specific as it would be a shame for him to miss out because of some adjustment brought to light before he left.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
my guess is that they are mistaken....i would be happy to be proven wrong though....500 points per night is definitely welcome....
Old Aug 14, 2017, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Are you on a corporate rate?
No not at all.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
my guess is that they are mistaken....i would be happy to be proven wrong though....500 points per night is definitely welcome....
Thats exactly what I think but Ill know once I leave and check what actual points posted.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.