Question on SK fuel surcharges

Subscribe
Does DC now add fuel surcharges on SK flights out of CPH?
Quote: Does DC now add fuel surcharges on SK flights out of CPH?
SK themselves do not apply a YQ charge out of Scandinavia so the answer would be a no. Starting a long haul trip out of CPH on SK is therefore usually a good way to go, especially if you are going to Zone 8 (NRT/PEK etc.) where you also save on the miles/cash compared with starting in the UK.
Thanks a lot. I just wanted that answer.^

Quote: SK themselves do not apply a YQ charge out of Scandinavia so the answer would be a no. Starting a long haul trip out of CPH on SK is therefore usually a good way to go, especially if you are going to Zone 8 (NRT/PEK etc.) where you also save on the miles/cash compared with starting in the UK.
Actually before the YQ was incorp. into fare basis ex Scandiavia, but now it seems that it is excluded.
Above thing does not apply when you make two one-way bookings.

If your journey(every ticket) starts:
ex-Scandinavia: No fuel surcharge for all SK segments.
ex outside of Scandinavia: Fuel surcharge applies even for SK flights.
FROM SAS
SAS has decided to reduce fuel surcharges with 3 EUR on domestic, intrascandinavian and European flights. On intercontinental flights the surcharges will be reduced by 5 EUR between Europe and USA/Asia.

These changes will be valid as from December 19 and is motivated be a less volatile and lower oil price. At the same time the USD has strengthened and SAS continue to monitor the dollar and the oil price development.

Booked a ADT+INF I award ARN-ORD and got floored by the taxes & surcharges (18750 points + 127.50 GBP Cash + 164 Tax+surcharge) as I expected no YQ on the award. A one way full fare C on SAS GB's site resulted in:

Code:
Adult traveler(s)
Immigration and naturization fee 	4.80 GBP
Fuel surcharge 	100.90 GBP
Animal and plant inspection service 	3.40 GBP
Customs user fee 	3.80 GBP
Passenger service and security charge 	14.00 GBP
International transportation tax 	11.10 GBP
  	138.00 GBP
x 1 adult(s) = 138.00 GBP
Infant traveler(s)
  	23.10 GBP
x 1 infant(s) = 23.10 GBP
total taxes/surcharges = 161.10 GBP
So there is some YQ in play. Let the charges appear on the account and I will check this with bmi ticketing. Arguing with the ICC is pointless.
Quote: Booked a ADT+INF I award ARN-ORD and got floored by the taxes & surcharges (18750 points + 127.50 GBP Cash + 164 Tax+surcharge) as I expected no YQ on the award. A one way full fare C on SAS GB's site resulted in:

Code:
Adult traveler(s)
Fuel surcharge 	100.90 GBP
Passenger service and security charge 	14.00 GBP
  	138.00 GBP
x 1 adult(s) = 138.00 GBP
Infant traveler(s)
  	23.10 GBP
x 1 infant(s) = 23.10 GBP
total taxes/surcharges = 161.10 GBP
So there is some YQ in play. Let the charges appear on the account and I will check this with bmi ticketing. Arguing with the ICC is pointless.
I flagged this up last week when I was surprised to be charged a YQ surcharge for CPH-NRT (which I subsequently didn't book). It seems SK have indeed introduced a YQ surcharge now out of Scandinavia. ITA now displays a surcharge for all long haul SK routes ex Scandinavia and bmi appear to be charging it
Is it definately SAS YQ charge you are paying or just one imposed by the ticketing airline, bmi?
Quote: Is it definately SAS YQ charge you are paying or just one imposed by the ticketing airline, bmi?
No, SAS are doing this too. oliver2002's breakdown came from the SAS UK site.
Quote: Is it definately SAS YQ charge you are paying or just one imposed by the ticketing airline, bmi?
Defo a SK surcharge - it's €105 for long haul.
Quote: Defo a SK surcharge - it's €105 for long haul.
A year back there was a discussion about this in the Eurobonus forum. I think the answer was that fuel surcharge should not be added on SK award-redemption (at least for Eurobonus). The moderator of the SK-forum (Tommy777) may have the definitive answer.
Quote: A year back there was a discussion about this in the Eurobonus forum. I think the answer was that fuel surcharge should not be added on SK award-redemption (at least for Eurobonus). The moderator of the SK-forum (Tommy777) may have the definitive answer.
SK doesn't charge fuel surcharges for SK flights using SK miles.
Quote: SK doesn't charge fuel surcharges for SK flights using SK miles.
... but BD do charge it
Quote: ... but BD do charge it
I've paid it too.

Is the fuel surcharge money just going toward padding BD's income figures or is it money that actually makes all its way to SK?