EWR - EZE ending.

Subscribe
Effective 9/29 EWR - EZE will be ending. IAH - EZE will be the only flight into EZE. Flight will use 2-cabin 763.
IAH-OGG lost 764 to the new (at that time) IAH-EZE route. Let's have IAH-OGG back.

It isn't gonna happen. Just wishful thinking on my part.

Argentina's a basket case. Gov't believes in no sanctity of contract. BA and Mendoza are still great places to go otherwise (although Mendoza is easier reached via Santiago, anyway)...
side question, but does Santiago Chile just never have enough market to make it on UA's radar?
Not surprised! The service really was bad when I flew it with a PMCO crew! Out of IAD I always had a choice of F class and a PMUA crew. It seems PMCO management can't handle international routes very well and compete as SEA NRT is going 787. It is sad to see a great PMUA route structure being dismantled by PMCO! I will not fly IAH-EZE on a 2 class 767 with a PMCO crew. I will fly American or LAN now to Argentina.
I haven't been tracking developments in Argentina but what's going on here? US travel market is really focused on S. America (really Brazil, Chile and Argentina) so this is somewhat surprising.....wonder if anyone has more fidelity on the rationale behind this decision...
Quote: Not surprised! The service really was bad when I flew it with a PMCO crew! Out of IAD I always had a choice of F class and a PMUA crew. It seems PMCO management can't handle international routes very well and compete as SEA NRT is going 787. It is sad to see a great PMUA route structure being dismantled by PMCO! I will not fly IAH-EZE on a 2 class 767 with a PMCO crew. I will fly American or LAN now to Argentina.
You have absolutely no clue whatsoever what you are talking about. You do realize that EWR - EZE is currently flown with a 2-cabin sUA 763 flown with :gasp: a sUA crew oh and wait for it.....IAH - EZE is also flown by a 2-cabin sUA 763 with oh wait an sUA crew as well.
With the high fixed costs of the route, plus with Argentine economy not doing well, UA cannot make any money. But DL is able to make ATL to EZE work and there is much less O & D on that route compared to EWR-EZE. So UA is doing some thing wrong besides other issues.
Quote: Not surprised! The service really was bad when I flew it with a PMCO crew! Out of IAD I always had a choice of F class and a PMUA crew. It seems PMCO management can't handle international routes very well and compete as SEA NRT is going 787. It is sad to see a great PMUA route structure being dismantled by PMCO! I will not fly IAH-EZE on a 2 class 767 with a PMCO crew. I will fly American or LAN now to Argentina.
You are wrong. Please check the facts before posting things like this. I love sUA but sCO crews have been great on my last few flights. It's hit or miss on both sides.

Sad to see another international route go.
Quote: You are wrong. Please check the facts before posting things like this. I love sUA but sCO crews have been great on my last few flights. It's it or miss on both sides.

+1 ^
Quote: It seems PMCO management can't handle international routes very well and compete as SEA NRT is going 787.
The addition of DEN-NRT did the 777 in for SEA-NRT as now the Denver pax don't have to go through Seattle which many did on that route.
Bummer, I really liked IAD-EZE before they discontinued that in favor of EWR-EZE.

At least there's still PTY.
Quote: You are wrong. Please check the facts before posting things like this. I love sUA but sCO crews have been great on my last few flights. It's hit or miss on both sides.

Any thought to going back to IAD-EZE? Maybe moving it out of IAD was a mistake.
Bummer - I just did this route a couple months ago. Let's just say it was Employee Class in C each way though.

Doesn't help when you're charging $2K for a W fare though...I would have happily cancelled my award booking and paid for the tickets and used GPUs, if not for the out-of-whack pricing (with far less than full cabins).
EWR - IST is gone also at the end of October.
I was stunned how poorly PMUA did on their long-haul LatAm flights relative to AA and DL. I realize AA has an enormous edge with their MIA hub, but it appeared that DFW was also doing well, given they are double-daily from there to certain cities, and at times with 777s.

Once CO took over I assumed the Southern Cone flights would get help. NYC is a good O&D market - stronger than IAD - and CO had a larger presence/consumer base in the region.

However, it looks like UA couldn't make EZE work from the East Coast. Guess AA will be happy...